Add Printer in Windows 7
Printers are one of the best innovations ever introduced. It allows us to have the hard copies of our online documents in just a few seconds. Now, it is not possible to imagine life without a printer. From printing documents to scanning pictures, the printer shares many useful advantages with us. The Windows 7 versions make the printer setup process quite simple. Yes! you can easily add printer in Windows 7 and start printing the documents right after completing the setup. Often, the printer setup process is pretty simple and easy to cover. But, if you are unable to add printer in Windows 7, you can read this guide and get to know how you can complete the printer setup process. Here, we have shared all the important details that you will need to set up the printer on your Windows 7 device.
Add Printer in Windows 7: Steps to Follow
- Turn on your Windows computer and connect it to the internet.
- Now, click on the ‘Start’ menu and
- go to the Control Panel.
- Choose the ‘Devices and Printers’ option.
- In the next step, you are supposed to choose the port based on your printer connection type.
- Choose the appropriate drivers from the list or you can click on the ‘Have Disk’ button if the drivers are not listed. After that, hit the next button.
- Enter the name of your printer and tap on the Next option.
- After this, you can see the Green Install bar go across. Once the installation gets complete, click on the ‘next’ button.
- If required, you can also share the printer with others for printing the documents.
- Click ‘print a test page’ option to print the test page. This will make sure that your printer is working fine. If the test page prints fine, hit the ‘Finish’ button to complete the process.
This is how you can install printer windows 7. Now, you are ready to print the documents using your Windows 7 printer. The Connectivity process is pretty simple, you just need to make sure that you follow all the setup instructions carefully. Also, it is very important to have an active internet connection, if you have a wireless printer and want to print the document wirelessly.
When you buy a new printer, you get an installation CD along with it for installing the printer software and drivers. In case, you have lost the installation CD, you can visit the printer’s official website and download the latest drivers and software available. Just make sure that you enter the correct details for driver download i.e your printer name and model number. Drivers are very important for the communication between the printer and computer. So, do not forget to install the printer drivers for the hassle-free functioning of your device.
The Last Words
We hope that these simple steps will help you to set up printer in Windows 7. If you are still unable to complete the printer setup process or facing any other difficulty in adding the local printer to Windows 7, contact the printer experts and get professional advice to complete the printer setup process.