Brother HI2170w Wireless Setup
Connecting the Brother HI2170w printer to the computer is a pretty simple process, you just need to follow the Brother HI2170w Wireless Setup guidelines to complete the process. Once your printer is connected to the wireless network, you can print the documents from any location in your home or office wirelessly from any device connected to the same WiFi network. So, let proceed with the Brother HI2170w Wireless Setup process. Once you have completed the setup, you can print the documents wirelessly whenever you want.
Brother HI2170w Wireless Setup: Guidelines to Follow
- Turn off your Brother printer by pressing the power on button present on the left side of your printer.
- Press and hold the ‘Go’ button present on the top-left side of your Brother printer, keep holding the button and turn on the printer using the power on button. Hold the ‘Go’ button unless you see the light illuminated. After that, release the button.
- Connect one end of the ‘Ethernet Cable’ to the network port present on the backside of your printer and connect the other end to the router’s back. Wait at least for a minute so that your device can obtain the network settings from the other router.
- Click on the ‘Go’ button on your Brother printer for printing the settings. On the printer settings the last page, you will find the ‘Node Type Listing’. In case, the listing saying ‘Inactive’ you have to connect the Ethernet port.
- Find the IP Address of your printer on the ‘Printer Settings’ document. You can find it as the ‘IP Address listing’ in the section ‘IP Settings’.
- On your computer, open a web browser, enter the printer’s IP address in the address bar present at the top. Hit the ‘Enter’ button.
- Hit the ‘Network Configuration’ option. You will be directed to the “Login” Window.
- Enter the ‘Admin’ in the username and ‘access’ the password. Hit the ‘Ok’ button.
- Click on the ‘Configure Wireless’ option present at the bottom of your screen.
- Now, you need to change the ‘Communication Mode’ to the ‘Infrastructure’ mode. After that, click on the ‘Browse’ button present next to the ‘Wireless Network Name’ and choose ‘Wireless Network’ option from the given list. Hit the ‘Ok’ button.
- Mention the type of encryption on the ‘Authentication method’ and then ‘Encryption Method’ from the drop-down list. After that enter the password for Brother HI2170w setup if you are using the WEP or WPA key. Hit the ‘Gray’ button present at the bottom of the screen once you are done.
- Click on the ‘yes’ option to enable the WiFi interface. After that, you need to disconnect the cable from your printer’s back and the router. Wait for a while and refer the WiFi settings.
We hope that these simple steps will let you complete the Brother printer HI 2170w Wireless Setup for your device. Follow the guidelines and complete the process without any hassle. If you are still unable to do so, you can contact the Brother experts and seek the professional advice to fix the issue.