Fix Brother Printer Won’t Scan To Computer
Brother printers are very popular for being desk-friendly, reliable, functional, space-saving, and most importantly; allow users to print, copy and scan documents. But, just like any other device, Brother printers are also prone to many technical concerns. One of the most common issues faced by users while using the printer is Brother Scanner Not Working. There could be a number of possible reasons behind this problem like scanner driver network settings and many more. Here, we have listed some common troubleshooting solutions that can help you to fix the Brother scanner not working problem on your printer.
Fix Brother printer won’t scan Windows 10: Troubleshooting Steps to Follow
- Check the Brother printer scanner drivers
- Open the ‘Scanner List’ with a click on the ‘Start’ button and go to the ‘Control Panel.
- In the search bar on your Control Panel, you have to type ‘scanner’.
- Click on the ‘View Scanners and Cameras’ option.
- Check if the scanner icon on your printer exists to Fix the Brother printer won’t scan Windows 10. In case you are unable to find it, you need to install the scanner drivers.
- After this, go to the download section on your Brother printer website. Here, you have to download the complete driver and software package for your device. Follow the on-screen guidelines to complete the process.
Check the Brother printer IP address
If the Brother scanner not working, you need to obtain the IP address by taking a printout of the network configuration list. This list will show you all the current network configurations that also include printer server settings.
If you want to print the Network Configuration list, follow the steps below:
- Click on the ‘Menu’ button on your printer.
- Choose the ‘ Print Reports’ option.
- Choose ‘Network and Configuration’ and hit the ‘OK’ button/
- Click on the ‘Black ( Mono) Start’ or ‘Color Start’, or ‘Start’.
- Hit the ‘Stop/Exit’ button.
Important: if the IP address on the network configuration list is showing you ‘0.0.0.0’. This means you need to wait for a while or try again.
Check the firewall settings
Firewall settings could also be the reason behind the Brother scanner not working problem as it may rejecting the network connection required for the working of network scanning software. If you want to troubleshoot this problem you need to disable the Firewall on your device.
Here are the steps for this:
- Open the ‘Control Panel’ and choose the ‘System and Security option.
- Click on the ‘Windows Firewall’.
- Choose the ‘Network and Sharing Center.
- Go to the ‘View your active networks’ section and check the Network location.
- Again, go to the ‘Control Panel’.
- Click on the ‘Windows Firewall option.
- Choose the option to turn off the firewall.
- Follow the on-screen guidelines and complete the process.
We hope that after following these simple steps you would able to troubleshoot the Brother scanner problem on your printer. These troubleshooting guidelines are very simple and easy to follow. But, if you are still unable to troubleshoot the problem on your own and looking for reliable help, contact the Brother Printer experts and avail the instant professional remote assistance to mitigate the problem. The experts will help you to identify the root cause of this issue and share the best possible solution to fix your problem.