Have you purchased a new wireless printer for your home and want to connect the printer to a wireless network? Choosing a wireless printer can be the great option as it will allow you to get the remote access to various peripheral and enable your Windows 10 device fax, print or scan without being physically attached to the device. So, connect the printer to a wireless network and print your documents without being physically attached.
Now, you must be having a question that how to connect the printer to a wireless network? Well! Here is the answer- just follow the steps mentioned to have a printer setup wireless.
How to connect printer to wireless network?
- On your Windows 10 computer, open Cortana by press “windows key + Q”.
- Type “Printer”.
- Click on “Printers and Scanners”.
- Turn on your printer.
- Now, you need to refer to the manual to connect the printer to a wifi network.
Important-Process may vary from printer to printer and from manufacturer to manufacturer.
- Click on “Add a printer or scanner”.
- Select your printer from the displayed results.
- Click on the option “add device”.
You will able to have printer setup wireless. This process will work effectively with wired printers. Sometimes, windows are not able to locate the printer but don’t worry you can easily connect the printer to a wireless network. For this, you need to run through a wizard. Let’s have a look how:
- Open Cortana by clicking “Windows k + Q”.
- Type in “printer”.
- Choose an option “printer and scanner”.
- Click on “add printer or scanner”.
- Now, choose the option that “ The printer that I want isn’t listed”.
- Choose “ add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer”.
- Select the connected printer.
Following these steps, you will able to connect the printer to the wireless network. If still, you are unable to do so, contact the technicians as they can help you to solve your problem.