Filter Failed Epson Printer
Do you face a filter failure Epson printer issue? Wondering how to resolve Epson filter failed error? Want to know why you are getting an error “Filter Failed” with Epson Printer? Well, if you have such types of questions then you have reached the right place! We are here to help you with these problems with your Epson printer. In this article, we have described the best troubleshooting tips for filter failure Epson printer. You just need to scroll down and read the article carefully till the end without skipping any step. Let’s go ahead.
Reasons Behind the Filter Failure Epson Printer
The Epson filter failure error indicates that there is something wrong with your device which you are unable to see such as your Epson printer may be not compatible with the operating system that you are using on your Windows PC or Mac OS. Look at the below list for the occurrence of the filter failure in the Epson printer in Windows or Mac OS:
- Installed the inappropriate, incompatible, outdated, or corrupted printer driver
- Performed the incorrect paper settings
- Disable the sharing option on your Epson printer
- Installed the faulty software of Epson printer
How to Resolve Epson Filter Failed Error?
Go through the below troubleshooting tips to resolve the filter failure Epson printer issue. Here are the steps:
Method 1: Reinstall the Epson printer driver
Reinstall the Epson printer driver can resolve the filter failure Epson printer. You are required to remove the printer connection from your system and then add it again. Download the updated version of the printer driver by visiting the official Epson website. Follow the below steps to reinstall the Epson printer driver to fix the failed filter issue on the device:
- Step 1: The first step is to tap on the “System information”.
- Step 2: After that, go to the “Printer” option.
- Step 3: Thereafter, you can see the printer drivers that are installed on your device.
- Step 4: In the next step, remove the Epson printer that you think might be causing the issue.
- Step 5: Next, re-add the Epson printer to the computer.
- Step 6: At last, download and install the latest available version of the printer driver or software of the Epson printer.
Once you have installed the printer driver, you are able to resolve the filter failure issue.
Method 2: Enable the Sharing Option on Epson Printer
Enable the sharing option to connect the computer to the Epson printer. You can found this option under the system settings of your Windows PC or Mac OS. Open the control panel to access these settings. Follow the below steps to enable the sharing option on the Epson printer:
- Step 1: Firstly, go to the Start button and then click on the Control Panel.
- Step 2: After that, access the System settings.
- Step 3: Next, tap on the “sharing” option.
- Step 4: In the next step, fill the system name to pair your Epson printer.
- Step 5: At last, tap on the Exit button.
Once you are done with the above steps, restart the computer and check whether the filter failure Epson printer is get resolved or not.
Method 3: Change the Paper Settings
The filter failure Epson printer error arises because of the incorrect settings of the paper. The paper settings can be modified by previewing the files that you want to print. After that, tap on TIFF from the dialog box and save changes. Thereafter, export the PDF document by accessing the TIFF option. You need to uncheck the Alpha option and save the changes to apply them so that you can print the documents easily from your Epson printer. Follow the below steps to change the paper settings:
- Step 1: The first step is to launch the “Main Menu” from the PDF file dialog box.
- Step 2: After that, click on the Preview option to open the PDF file.
- Step 3: Thereafter, tap on the “File” to open it and then tap on the Save button.
- Step 4: Next, a format dialog box will display on the screen. Hit on the “TIFF” option.
- Step 5: Now, launch the “Resolution” window and tap on the “Pixels/inch” option.
- Step 6: In the next step, fill “600” in the given blank field.
- Step 7: Select the Save button to save and apply the changes made by you.
- Step 8: Open the “File” menu and tap on “Export” under the main menu.
- Step 9: Again, you need to tap on the “TIFF” under the “Format” pop-up window.
- Step 10: Unmark the “Alpha” checkbox and tap on the Save button.
- Step 11: Choose the File and then hit on the “Print” button.
- Step 12: At last, choose the correct size of paper as well as dimensions under the Epson printer settings. Also, install the latest version of the printer driver again in your system.
Congrats! With the above-mentioned steps, you can get to know how to resolve Epson filter failed error. Issues with your Epson printer such as filter failure Epson printer may cause some serious issues. If even after following the above steps you are failed to resolve the issue then call our professional support team at our helpline number to get rid of the issue. Feel free to call us at any time.