How to connect a HP printer to a laptop?
Have you recently purchased a new laptop and struggling to know how to connect a HP printer to a laptop? Well! We are here to help you. Connecting printer to the laptop is a very simple and easy task. After establishing a successful connection, you can start printing the documents immediately with your HP printer and take the benefits of the best printing services. In this guide, we are going to share the simple step by step guidelines that can help you with ‘how to connect a HP printer to a laptop’ process. So, read the guide and follow the steps to complete the connectivity process without any hassle.
The most common way to add HP printer to laptop is by using the USB cable which makes your printer a ‘Local printer’. Check out the following guidelines to get this task done.
Add a Local printer: Steps to follow
- Connect your HP printer to the laptop using the USB cable.
- Turn on your HP printer.
- Now, Go to the Settings app from the ‘Start’ menu.
- Click on the ‘Devices’ option.
- Click on the ‘Add printer or scanner’ option.
- When the windows detect your HP printer, click on the printer name and follow the on-screen guidelines to complete the installation process.
You are done! In case, Windows is unable to find the connected HP printer, you can simply click on the option ‘The printer I want is not listed’ ‘ After that, let the Windows troubleshooting guide help you find your HP printer. The device will start searching for all the available printers and also help you with the driver download process. In case, this does not help you out, we recommend you to visit the HP Manufacturer website and download the drivers and software for your device.
Add Wireless Printer
To add the HP Wireless Printer, follow the guidelines mentioned below and complete the process:
- If you are using the HP Wireless printer, go to your printer LCD panel to get into the wireless setup. You can find this option under the ‘Setup>>Wireless LAN Settings’.
- Select your Wireless Network. You will require Home Network’s SSID. To find this place your mouse on the ‘WiFi’ icon in the taskbar.
- Now, enter the password to connect. You can find your printer automatically added under the ‘Settings’ in the ‘Printer and Scanner’ section.
In case, you run into the trouble during the HP printer wifi setup, check and make sure that your router is not located too far from your laptop. If your HP printer supports the Ethernet jack, you can connect the device directly to the router and use browser interface for its management.
The Last Words
So, this is how to connect laptop to HP printer. All the mentioned steps are very simple and easy to follow. However, if you are still unable to add a printer to the laptop, we recommend you to contact the HP printer experts and take their advice to find and fix the problem to add the printer to the laptop.