How to connect wireless printer to laptop windows 10?
Do you know how to connect a wireless printer to laptop windows 10? No Problem! We are here to help you. Wireless printers are the best choice when a user needs to print the documents quickly from any of the devices that come with wireless functionality. It is easy to connect the wireless printer to laptop Windows 10 and enable the printing functions with remote access which means the user can print, copy, fax, and scan the documents without physically connecting their laptop to the printer. In this post, we are going to share the simple step by step guidelines that can help you with how to connect wireless printer to laptop windows 10. So, read this guide carefully and follow the steps to connect your device to the wifi network for wireless printing experience.
How to connect laptop to printer wirelessly windows 10?
Let’s have a look at the simple guidelines that will let you connect laptop to printer wirelessly in Windows 10 operating system:
Connect the Printer to WiFi Network
If you want to connect a wireless printer to a Windows 10 laptop, you are supposed to connect your printer device to a Wi-Fi network. Here are the steps you can follow for this:
- Turn on your printer.
- Now, you have to find out the option to connect your printer to WiFi. Here, you can see the User Interface or WiFi button that will help you in this.
- If you want more details, you can check the instructions mentioned on your printer box.
Important: Check and make sure that your printer is connected to the same network to which your Windows 10 laptop is connected and also keep your printer turned on until you complete the setup process.
Add the Printer to Laptop
Once you have connected your printer to the wireless network, you are supposed to add the printer to the laptop.
- First of all, right-click on the ‘Start’ button and go to the ‘Setting’.
- After this, choose the ‘Devices’ option from the ‘Windows Settings’.
- Click on the ‘Printers and Scanners’ options.
- Click on the ‘Add Printer or Scanner’ option. Now, windows 10 will start looking for your printer during this process and once the device is discovered, it will display the results on the screen.
- Choose the WiFi printer and select the ‘Add Device’ option.
Important: If you are unable to find your printer, check and make sure that your printer and laptop are turned on and connect to the same wifi network.
Install the Printer Software
You can keep the default printer software by Windows 10. But, if you prefer to use the printer driver software by OEM, you can have better printing functionality and ink-saving modes. You can also save the scanned documents automatically in the PDF.
Change the Default Printer
Now, you have to set up the printer on your Windows 10 laptop. Most of the time, windows set the default printer by choosing one that recently connected over the network.
If you have not installed any printer, the default printer will save it into the PDF files.
Following are the simple step by step guidelines that can help you with this:
- Go to the Printers and Scanners section.
- Uncheck the box saying ‘Lets Windows Manage My Default Printer’.
Important- If you are using the multiple printers, you can ask the window to manage the default printer. Windows will recommend you to set the one that you have often used as the default printer.
- Select the printer that you want to set up as the default printer and click on the ‘Manage’ option.
- Click on the ‘Set as default’ option.
That’s All! With these simple guidelines, you can easily connect printer to laptop over the WiFi network. All the mentioned guidelines are very simple and easy to follow. But, if you still have doubt, or facing technical troubles with the setup process, we suggest you to contact the printer experts and take their advice to find and fix the problems.
Troubleshooting Steps to Fix Printer Connectivity Problem:
If you are unable to connect printer to laptop, open the wireless network in Windows 10, you can follow the below-mentioned approaches to deal with this situation:
- If you are unable to find the printer, simply go to the ‘Settings>>Update>>Troubleshoot>>Printers, and then run ‘Printer Troubleshooter’.
- If you have already done the printer installation, but there is something wrong, just go to the ‘Printers and Scanners’ section, select the printer and click on the Manage’ option. After this, try to print the test page.
- Run ‘Printer Troubleshooter’.
These simple steps will surely help you to connect printer to laptop and troubleshoot the problem.