HP Officejet Pro 8600 printer failure
My device is showing the HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Printer failure error. What should I Do? Well! The printer failure error is very common to occur in any printer. Fortunately, you can resolve the problem by following some simple troubleshooting steps. Before you proceed with any of the instructions, we want you to turn off and on your printer. Sometimes, turning off the printer fix the issue and lets the user continue to execute the printing command. But, if your HP OfficeJet pro 8600 printer failure problem is not fixed with the restart, you need to follow the below-mentioned troubleshooting guidelines to deal with the problem.
HP 8600 Printer Failure. How to Fix It?
Most of the time, printer failure error occurs when something is wrong with the printer or ink system. So, if your HP 8600 printer failure is giving you a hard time, follow the troubleshooting guidelines below and fix the problem.
Check for Obstructions In The Carriage Path
You need to clear the obstructions from the carriage area of your printer. Here are the steps to follow:
- While your printer is turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer rear.
- Open the door and access the Printer carriage.
- Look in the carriage path for dirt and debris like crumpled papers, dislodged labels. If you find any, you need to remove it from the printer.
- Move the carriage to each side using your hand and make sure that it really moves. In case the carriage is stopped or stalled to the one side of your HP printer and you are unable to move it, continue with the steps below.
- Now, reconnect the power cord to the printer rear and turn on the device.
If the error is still showing, proceed with the next steps:
- Remove the jammed paper from the printer
- Turn on the printer and detach the power cable.
- Open the entrance door of the printer and after that translate the toner cartridge and carriage smoothly.
- Check the paper trail case and printer input tray.
- If there is any paper jam, you need to extract it accurately.
- Reconnect your device once all the paper jams are removed and your problem will be solved.
Check the Ink Level of Printer
There are chances that a printer failure error occurred due to the empty or no ink cartridge. If you want to troubleshoot the problem you need to check the Ink cartridge and replace it if dried or empty.
Reset the printer
Resetting the printer can help you to recover the HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 printer failure error. Here are the steps to follow.
- Disconnect the power cord from the printer when it is turned on.
- Unplug the power cord from the main outlet.
- Now you need to wait for 60 seconds.
- After that, connect the power cord to the outlet and your printing device.
If the problem persists, proceed with the next troubleshooting steps.
So these are some simple steps that can help you with HP OfficeJet pro 8600 printer failure. All the troubleshooting guidelines are simple and definitely help you to fix the problem. However, if you are still facing the same concern then we recommend you avail the HP printer help service to deal with the problem. The experts will give you the best advice to fix the issue and also share some useful tips to make your printing experience better than before.