HP Scan Not Working
Many Windows 10 users complain that their HP Scan Not Working and causing them trouble. If you also fall in the same category, then don’t worry, this post can help you. Here, we are going to share the easy steps and guidelines that can help you to fix the scanner issue on your HP device. So, if your HP scan is not working, read on and find the simple steps to troubleshoot the concern.
There are many troubleshooting solutions you can try to fix this problem. You can try them one by one until you find the one that works for your device. Here we go:
Repair Corrupted System Files
The HP Easy Scan Not Working problem might be caused due to the corrupted system files. To repair these files, you can follow the steps below:
- Press and hold the ‘Windows + R’ key using the keyboard at the same time. This will invoke the run box.
- Now, you need to type ‘cmd’ and hit the ‘Ok’ button.
- When you see the command prompt you need to type ‘sfc/scannow’ and hit the Enter button.
The process might take a few minutes unless the verification is completely done.
Important: You are supposed to run the commands as the ‘Administrator’. In case not, then you will see the message appearing on your screen when you run it saying that ” you must be an administrator running a console session in order to use SFC utility.
Configure related services
The scanner will not work properly if some of the related services are not started. Below we are highlighting some of the related services. So, check and be sure that you have started these services:
- A remote procedure called RPC.
- DCOM Server Process Launcher.
- RPC Endpoint Mapper.
- Shell Hardware Detection.
- Windows Image Acquisition.
Update the Scanner Driver
If something is wrong with the scanner drivers then your HP scan not working problem is quite common to occur. Thus, you need to update the drivers to troubleshoot the issue. For updating the drivers, you can visit the scanner manufacturer website and download the latest version of the driver available for your Windows 10 device.
If you do not have the patience or enough technical skills or time to download the scanner drivers manually, you can also download them automatically using the Driver Easy Tool.
This tool automatically recognizes the system and finds the appropriate drivers to install for it. You do not need to know about the computer system you are running or the risk of installing the wrong drivers, because everything is handled by the Driver Easy. Here, we are going to share the step by step guidelines for the driver installation using the driver easy software.
- Download and Install the ‘Driver Easy’ on your device.
- Run the tool and click on the ‘Scan Now’ option.
- Then Driver Easy will scan your device automatically and find the issue.
- Now, you have to click on the ‘update’ button. You can find this button present next to the flagged scanner drivers for automatic downloading and installation of the right driver version.
We hope that these simple guidelines will help you to fix the HP Easy Scan Not Working problem on your Windows 10 device. All the mentioned steps are very simple and easy to follow. The guidelines will surely deliver you the expected results and help you to fix the problem instantly causing you trouble in using the scanning services. However, if you still have a doubt or there is any technical trouble compromising your scanning experience, we recommend you to contact the HP scanner experts and get professional advice to fix the issue. The expert can always give you the best advice and make sure that you have the best scanning experience