Printer status is unavailable. What to do?
Are you trying to print the document but your device is showing an error message ‘ Printer Status Unavailable’. Well! You need a troubleshooting solution to this problem. This technical issue usually occurs when the printer drivers you have installed are outdated, corrupted or incompatible. But, don’t worry, there are some simple fixed that can help you to fix Printer Status Unavailable’ on your device. So, read on and find the simple steps to deal with the problem.
Fix Printer Driver is Unavailable Windows 10: Guidelines To Follow
- First, you need to check and make sure that your printer does not have any kind of technical defaults. Disconnect your printer and then reconnect it to the computer. Try to print the document.
- Reboot the PC and then connect it with the printer, try to take the printout.
- Make sure that you are logged in with the ‘administrative’ account while printing the documents.
Uninstall the Printer Drivers
- Press the ‘Windows +R’ key and type the ‘Control Printers’ in the run box and hit the ‘Enter’ button. The ‘Devices and Printers’ option.
- After this, in the list of printers, right-click on the device causing you trouble. After that, click on ‘Remove’ device option. This will remove the device from your PC.
- Tap on yes for the confirmation.
- Click on ‘ Windows + R’ key to open the run box. Type’ devmgmt.msc’ and click on the ‘enter’ button. Device manager utility will be open on your screen.
- In the ‘Device Manager’ window, find the ‘Print Queues’ option and hit the button. From the Drop-down list, choose the Printer you would like to use. Right-click on the printer and then tap on the ‘uninstall device’ option. Hit the ‘Uninstall’ button for the confirmation.
- Click on Windows + R key and type ‘appwiz.cpl’ in the run box. Hit the enter button, you will see the program and features window appearing on your screen.
- Uninstall the related application to printer status driver is an unavailable error on your device.
- Shut-down the PC and disconnect your computer and printer. Wait for a few minutes.
- Update Printer Drivers
- Outdated printer drivers could be the reason behind your problem. You can update the printer drivers with the following guidelines:
- Press ‘Windows + R’ key and type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in the run box. The device manager will open.
- Here, you need to find the ‘print queues’ option and hit the button to expand it. From the dropdown menu appearing choose the printer you are presently using. Right-click on that printer and hit the ‘Update Driver’ option.
- Now you will be asked, “How do you want to search for the drivers?“. Click on the option “Search automatically for updated driver software“ to find the printer drivers.
Check the Windows update
The outdated Windows version could also be the reason that users getting printer status unavailable issue on their device. To fix this problem, follow the steps:
- Click on the ‘Windows + I’ key, it will take to you to the settings of your computer.
- Choose ‘Update and Security’ settings.
- On the right pane, you have to click on the ‘Check for Updates’ option.
- The windows will start looking for the updates and download if any available. Once you are done, you need to restart the device for completing the update process. Once you are done with this process your problem will be solved.
We hope that with the help of these simple steps you would able to troubleshoot printer status unavailable problem on your device. All the mentioned instructions are very simple and easy to follow. If you want to update the drivers, you can also visit your printer manufacturer website and download the latest version of drivers and software available from there. Or you can also use the software tools like driver easy for downloading the software. We hope that these simple guidelines will help you to fix your problem and continue printing without any trouble. However, if you still have a doubt or there is any other query, you can contact the experts and seek the professional advice to fix the problem. The printer professionals can give you the best advice and make sure that nothing affects your printing experience.