Windows 7 Print Spooler Keeps Stopping
Print spooler service is responsible for spooling the printing jobs and also manages the interaction with the computer. If you turn off this service, you cannot use the printer. The print spooler service must run properly to execute printing functions. If you are using the Windows 7 operating system, then you may notice that your print spooler service keeps stopping. The ‘Windows 7 Print Spooler Keeps Stopping‘ problem is very common, but fortunately, there are some troubleshooting solutions that can help you to fix this problem. In this post, we are going to share the simple step by step guidelines that can help you to troubleshoot Windows 7 Print Spooler Keeps Stopping on your computer. So, read the instructions carefully and troubleshoot the printer spooler service error to effectively manage your printing operations.
Print spooler keeps stopping windows 7: Troubleshooting Steps to Follow
Delete Content From Spool Folder
To troubleshoot the print spooler keeps stopping windows 7 you can try deleting the content present in the Spool folder. Below are the step-by-step instructions for this:
- Open the File Explorer, navigate to the given path- ” C:\\Windows\System32\spool”.
- Now, Double click on the “Drivers” folder, and then you have to delete all the files and folders present in there.
- Now, Delete all the content present in the ‘Printers’ folder and after that, restart service.
- Restart your computer to save the changes.
Restart Print Spooler Service
You can restart the Print Spooler service to fix the problem. Following are the step by step guidelines to do so:
- Press the ‘Windows + R’ key and write ‘services.msc’.
- Hit the Enter button and it will open the ‘Services’ window.
- Scroll to the down and find out the Print Spooler service. Now, Select it.
- Right-click on the ‘Print Spooler Services’ and choose the option to ‘Restart’.
- Check if your printer problem has been resolved or not. Otherwise, you can proceed with the next troubleshooting step.
Reinstall the Printer Drivers
Sometimes the printer drivers are the reason due to which your print spooler stops functioning. To fix the driver issues, you can reinstall the printer drivers. Here are the steps to follow:
- Press the ‘Windows + R’ key from your keyword and type the ‘Control Panel’. Now, Hit the ‘Enter’ button.
- Go to the ‘Drivers and Printers’ section.
- Right-click on your printer and choose the option to ‘Remove Device’ from the menu.
- When you see ‘Confirm Dialog Box’ appearing on your screen, tap on Yes.
- You have successfully removed the device, download the latest drivers and software available from the manufacturer website.
- After this, reboot your computer and printer. Once your device restarts, press the ‘Windows + R’ key, type ‘Control Panel’ and hit the Enter button.
- Click ‘Add a printer’ option from the ‘Devices and Printers’ section.
- After this, Windows will detect the printer automatically, choose your ‘Printer’ and click on the ‘Next’ option.
- Set your Printer as the default printer.
- Tap to Finish.
We hope that with the help of these simple guidelines, you would able to fix the print spooler issue on your device. In case, the guidelines do not help you out, we recommend you reset print spooler to fix the problem. Resetting the print spooler is a very simple process, you can follow the instructions mentioned in the user manual for this. If you are unable to do this on your own, you can also contact printer experts and take their help to fix the print spooler error.