Your printer has experienced an unexpected configuration problem 0x8000ffff
Just like any other electronic device, your Printer can also experience technical troubles. Many users have reported that they are experiencing “your printer has experienced an unexpected configuration problem 0x8000fff” issue while trying to print the document using their printer. There are different possible reasons due to which you may get this error on your device. If you want to troubleshoot “your printer has experienced an unexpected configuration problem 0x8000fff” problem, you can try a couple of fixes mentioned below and get rid of this trouble.
How to deal with unexpected ” printer configuration problem 0x8000ffff”?
Run Microsoft printer troubleshooter
Microsoft introduced the printer troubleshooter that can help the users in fixing their common printer problems. This printer Diagnostics tool helps the users in scanning their system to discover the printer related issues and try to troubleshoot them automatically.
Here are the steps to run the Microsoft printer troubleshooter:
- Download the ‘Microsoft Printer Troubleshoot’ tool on your device. Click ‘Installer’ to run the troubleshooter.
- In the Troubleshooter interface, you need to choose your ‘Printer’ and click on the ‘Next’ option. This will scan your device, and detect the issue.
- If asked, you need to click on ‘Try troubleshooting as an administrator’.
- The troubleshooter will fix the problem automatically and display the results.
- Close the troubleshooter.
- Start your printer.
- Print the test page to check for the improvements.
Update Printer Driver
Outdated printer drivers could also be the reason that you are getting “your printer has experienced an unexpected configuration problem 0x8000ffff” error on your device. If your printer drivers are malfunctioned are corrupted due to operating system incompatibility, it could also create the configuration issues for you. To troubleshoot the problem, you need to update the printer drivers from the ‘Driver Manager” and check if it works. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Press ‘Windows + R’ key to open the Run box.
- Now, enter ‘devmgmt.msc’ and hit the enter button to open the ‘Device Manager’.
- In the Device Manager, go to the ‘Printer Section’.
- Choose a printer from the list of printers and right-click on it.
- Choose ‘Update Drivers’ option.
- Click on ‘Search Automatically for the Updated Driver Software’. Let the Windows check for any update if available then download and install it on your device.
To download the latest printer drivers, you can also visit the printer’s official website. All you need is to enter the model number and you can install the latest available drivers for your device.
Clear the Spooler Files
If the above-mentioned troubleshooting solutions are not helping you out to fix the problem, we recommend you to clear the spooler files and restart the printer spooler services to get rid of this problem. The printer spooler is responsible for managing the printing jobs. Thus, clearing the previous files and restarting the service can help you to troubleshoot the problem. Here are the steps you need to follow for this:
Stop Printer Spooler Service
- Press the ‘Windows + R’ key to open the Run box.
- Now, type ‘services.msc’ and hit the enter button to open ‘Service Function’.
- In the Services list, you need to locate the ‘Print Spooler Service’.
- Right-click on your ‘Print Spooler’ and choose the ‘Properties’ option.
- Hit the ‘Stop’ button and click on the ‘Ok’ option. This will stop your Print Spooler service.
Keep the Service Window open and follow the next steps.
Clear Print Spooler
- Click the ‘Windows + R’ key together to open the Run box.
- Type ” %WINDIR%\system32\spool\printers” and click on the enter button.
- In the printers folder, choose all the files and then delete them.
- Get back to the ‘Service’ window and right-click on the ‘Print Spooler’ service.
- Choose ‘Properties’ option.
We hope that these simple steps will help you to troubleshoot the printer configuration problem 0x8000ffff on your device. In case, your problem is still not resolved, we recommend you contact the printer experts and take professional advice to get rid of the issue. The professionals can share the best possible solution with you and make sure that you have the best printing experience with your device.